- K&N's Chicken Mortadella Slices - 2 slices
- Tomato - 1; halved lengthways
- Cracked black pepper - ½ tbsp
- Garlic clove - 1; unpeeled
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1 tsp, plus more for drizzling
- Basil leaves - 3
- French or loaf bread - 1 thick slice
- Cheddar cheese - 2 slices
- Salt - to taste
- Rocket leaves - 1 small handful
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
Place the tomato and garlic in a small roasting tin. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper.
Roast for about 15 minutes, or until the garlic is soft and the tomato has slightly dried.
Add the basil leaves and continue cooking for 5 minutes, or until the leaves are crisp. Remove from the oven.
Lightly toast the bread on both sides. Peel the roasted garlic cloves and spread half on to the toast.
Top with K&N's Chicken Mortadella Slices, rocket leaves, basil leaves, cheddar cheese, roasted tomato and salt.
Sprinkle with remaining garlic and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese (optional).
SmartCooking with K&N's >